Pages

Subscribe Twitter Twitter

Nov 23, 2011

WDBAAR5000ABK Western Digital WD Elements 500 GB Portable External Hard Drive

I have used several portable hard drives but most of them are not reliable. I lost my information because I did not use the good external hard drive. I struggled finding the new and reliable portable hard drive until my friend told me about Western Digital WD WDBAAR5000ABK, which is 500 GB USB 2.0 Portable External Hard Drive.

I did not have the external hard drive manufactured from Western Digital. I've used only internal hard drive from Western Digital, and I am impressed with it. For the external hard drive, I did not make a decision to buy until I researched about it first. I did not want to get disappointed the same as my previous portable hard disks.

Hard Disk External

I keep searching and reading all technical information and review from the internet. Moreover, I also asked a couple of my friends about it. They said that the WDBAAR5000ABK is the most reliable hard disk and easy to use. After doing my research for a week, I decided to buy the WDBAAR5000ABK.

WDBAAR5000ABK Western Digital WD Elements 500 GB Portable External Hard Drive

I've used it for few months, and I am very impressed with its performance. Therefore, I would like to share my reviews as listed below:

Pros of WDBAAR5000ABK

Appearance - It is a modern and simple design, and it has light weight. Additionally, it is incredibly small and its plastic case is very strong.

Ease of installation - I use it with my Window-based computer, and I don't need to format or do any other special operations prior to using it. Only thing I do is just plug-and-play. My computer and my hard drive match perfectly with each other. For my first time use, a computer may take few seconds to recognize.

Ease of use - This unit has a standard USB connection cord which supports v. 1.1 and 2.0, and it also used for transferring data, powering the unit. There is no other external power supply required. Moreover, an operating manual is included in the package. It shows how to use the hard drive. If you have experience about previous hard disks, you do not need to read it.

This unit comes with NTFS format. If you want another format as FAT, you need to reformat it, but it is not hassle. It takes few minute to reformat this portable drive. When it is being operated, it is very quiet. Furthermore, it supports several operating systems as Windows 7/Vista/XP, Mac OS X, Tiger and Leopard. My friend uses it with his mac book without any problems as well.

Reliability - I transferred a lot of my document, photos, songs, etc and there is no problem at all. All of my data is not crashed during data transferring.

Cons of WDBAAR5000ABK

The USB cable is very short, which is less than 2 feet, and it will be great if there is a carrying case to protect it.

How can you find affordable price of Western Digital WDBAAR5000ABK?

You can get it from either electronic malls or online web sites. I would personally suggest you to buy from the internet because you will have several price ranges that you can compare. This is really save you both time and money.

Hard Disk External

0 comments:

Post a Comment